We are a company that offers online people analytics and engagement services.
Our mission is to discover the world’s people and their individuality, and enable individualization at scale. As the first step toward fulfilling this mission, we enable our users to derive deep insights about people of interest by automatically extracting their individuality traits, including their strengths and weaknesses, motivators and turnoffs, and cognitive and emotional DNAs, from the data opt-in by the users or from the public data sources. Our users can then use the derived insights to create individualized engagements.
You agree that by clicking “Create account”, “Sign up”, “Sign in”, or similar, such as registering, signining in, accessing, or using the Services, you are entering into a legally binding agreement (even if you are using the Services on behalf of a company). Your agreement is with Juji, Inc. (“Juji”).
This Agreement applies to registered users of the Services as well as to unregistered visitors.
If you purchase any of our paid services, you agree to pay us the applicable fees and taxes. Failure to pay these fees may result in the termination of your account and services.
Here are your obligations to us in this Agreement.
2.1 Service Eligibility
You are eligible to enter into this Agreement and you are at least our “Minimum Age” (defined below).
“Minimum Age” means (a) 14 years old for the United States, Canada, Germany, Spain, Australia and South Korea, (b) 18 years old for the People’s Republic of China, (c) 16 years old for Netherlands, and (d) 13 years old for all other countries. However, if law requires that you must be older in order for Juji to lawfully provide the Services to you (including the collection, storage and use of your information) then the Minimum Age is such older age. The Services are not for use by anyone under the age of 13.
2.2 Registration and Account Security
Juji users provide their real names and truthful information, and we need your help to keep the integrity of the information. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the authenticity and security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information on Juji, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will create only one personal account.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password (or in the case of developers, your secret key), let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account (including any Page or application you administer) to anyone without first getting our written permission.
- If you select a user name or similar identifier for your account or a Juji Page™, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name).
2.3 Protecting Other People's Rights
We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
- You will not post content or take any action on Juji that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
- We can remove any content or information you post on Juji if we believe that it violates this Agreement or our policies.
- If we remove your content for infringing someone else's copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
- If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
- You will not use our copyrights or trademarks, or any confusingly similar marks, except as expressly permitted with our prior written permission.
- You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on Juji.
- You will not publicize and/or share other people’s portraits and any content in the portraits created by the Services in any form.
2.4 Notices and Service Messages
You grant us permissions to use our websites and email to provide you with important notices. Also, you agree certain additional information can be shared with us.
If the contact information you provide is not up to date, you may miss out on these notices.
You agree that we may provide notices to you in any one or more of the following ways: (1) a banner notice on the Services, (2) an email sent to an address you provided, and (3) through other means including mobile number, telephone, or mail. You agree to keep your contact information up to date.
2.5 Messages and Sharing
When you share information, others can see, copy and use that information.
The Services allow messaging and sharing of information in many ways, such as your individuality portrait, certain elements of your portrait, information you contributed, links to news articles, etc. Information and content that you share or post may be seen by your selected target audience or by the default audience if you do not make a selection. Where we have made settings available, we will honor the choices you make about who can see content or information (e.g., sharing to a particular group instead of the public). Accordance with your settings, the target audience may include your Facebook friends, your Twitter followers, other users of Juji or, if public, by visitors of Juji or visitors of your specified destination sites.
We are not obligated to publish any information or content on the Services and can remove it in our sole discretion, with or without notice.
2.6 Service Fees and Payment
We may offer from time-to-time optional, premium paid services. By selecting to purchase a premium service, you agree to pay us a one-time fee, monthly, or annual subscription fees indicated for that service. Payments will be charged on the day you sign up for a premium service and will cover the use of that service for a time period as indicated. Premium service fees are not refundable.
You must designate a payment method and provide us with accurate billing and payment information. All billing information, including payment method, must be kept up to date. We will bill you for all fee-based Services through the payment method that is associated with any of your fee-based Services. You authorize and direct us to charge your designated payment method for these charges or, if your designated payment method fails, to charge any other payment method you have on file with us. Further, you authorize and direct us to retain information about the payment method(s) associated with your account. If we do not receive payment from your designated payment method or any other payment method on file, you agree to pay all amounts due upon demand by us. Every time you use a fee-based Service, you reaffirm that (a) we are authorized to charge your designated payment method; (b) we may submit charges incurred under your account for payment; and (c) you will be responsible for such charges, even if your account is cancelled by you or terminated by us.
We reserve the right to charge or change the payment terms and fees for any Service or feature upon thirty (30) days prior written notice to you. If you do not agree to the fees, you may terminate the Services before the new fees take effect without penalty to you. You will honor your payment obligations and you give us permissions to store your payment information. Also, there may be fees and taxes that are added to our prices.
III. Your License to Juji
You own all of the content and personal information you provide to us, but you also grant us a non-exclusive license to it.
We will honor the choices you make about who gets to see your information and content.
If you create a Juji portrait, comment on a portrait, or otherwise transmit or post materials (e.g., text, graphics, applications, etc.) on the Services (any such material, “Content”), you understand and agree that you are entirely responsible for such Content that is provided by you or through your account. This includes, for example, any personal information, such as your location information that you may make available about yourself on the Services. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF SHARING OR POSTING ANY PERSONAL OR OTHER INFORMATION ON OUR SERVICES.
You agree to provide only content or information that does not violate the law nor anyone's rights (e.g., without violating any intellectual property rights or breaching a contract). You also agree that the information that you provide to Juji about yourself will be truthful. Juji may be required by law to remove certain information or content in certain countries.
As between you and Juji, you own the content and information that you submit or post to the Services and you are only granting Juji the following non-exclusive license: A worldwide, transferable and sublicensable right to use, copy, modify, distribute, publish, and process, information and content that you provide through our Services, without any further consent, notice and/or compensation to you or others. These rights are limited in the following ways:
- You can end this license for specific content by deleting such content from the Services, or generally by closing your account, except (a) to the extent you shared it with others as part of the Service and they copied or stored it and (b) for the reasonable time it takes to remove from backup and other systems.
- We will get your consent if we want to give others the right to publish your posts beyond the Service. However, other users may access and share your content and information, consistent with your settings.
- While we may edit and make formatting changes to your content (such as displaying it, translating it, modifying the size, layout or file type or removing metadata), we will not modify the meaning of your expression.
- Because you own your content and information and we only have non-exclusive rights to it, you may choose to make it available to others, including under the terms of a Creative Commons license.
By submitting suggestions or other feedback regarding the Services to Juji, you agree that Juji can use and share (but does not have to) such feedback for any purpose without compensation to you.
IV. Service Availability
We may change or discontinue any of the Services. We can't promise to store or keep showing any information and content you have posted.
We may change, suspend, or end any Service, or change and modify prices prospectively in our discretion. To the extent allowed under law, these changes may be effective upon notice provided to you.
V. Other Content, Sites and Apps
When you see or use others' content and information posted on the Services, it's at your own risk.
Third parties may offer their own individuality portraits, products and services through Juji, and we aren't responsible for those third-party activities.
By using the Services, you may encounter content or information that might be inaccurate, incomplete, delayed, misleading, illegal, offensive, or otherwise harmful. Juji generally does not review content provided by our users. You agree that we are not responsible for third parties' (including other users’) content or information or for any damages as result of your use of or reliance on it.
You are responsible for deciding if you want to access or use third party apps or sites that link from the Services. If you allow a third party app or site to authenticate you or connect with your Juji account, that app or site can access information on Juji related to you and your information. Third party apps and sites have their own legal terms and privacy policies, and you may be giving others permission to use your information in ways we would not. Except to the limited extent it may be required by applicable law, Juji is not responsible for these other sites and apps—use these at your own risk.
Juji reserves the right to limit your use of the Services, including connecting and interacting with the services, and the amounts of content you can upload for analyses. Juji reserves the right to restrict, suspend, or terminate your account if Juji believes that you may be in breach of this Agreement or law or are misusing the Services (e.g., violating any Do and Don'ts).
Juji reserves all of its intellectual property rights in the Services. For example, current and future Juji logos and other Juji trademarks, service marks, graphics, and logos used in connection with JUJI are trademarks or registered trademarks of JUJI. Other trademarks and logos used in connection with the Services may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
VII. Disclaimer and Limit of Liability
7.1 No Warranty
This is our disclaimer of legal liability for the quality, safety, or reliability of the Services.
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED UNDER LAW, JUJI (A) DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS (E.G. WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY OF DATA, AND NONINFRINGEMENT); (B) DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE SERVICES WILL FUNCTION WITHOUT INTERRUPTION OR ERRORS, AND (C) PROVIDES THE SERVICE (INCLUDING CONTENT AND INFORMATION) ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS.
SOME LAWS DO NOT ALLOW CERTAIN DISCLAIMERS, SO SOME OR ALL OF THESE DISCLAIMERS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
7.2 Exclusion of Liability
These are the limits of legal liability we may have to you.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER LAW (AND UNLESS JUJI HAS ENTERED INTO A SEPARATE WRITTEN AGREEMENT THAT SUPERSEDES THIS AGREEMENT), JUJI (AND THOSE THAT JUJI WORKS WITH TO PROVIDE THE SERVICES) SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR OTHERS FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY LOSS OF DATA, OPPORTUNITIES, REPUTATION, PROFITS OR REVENUES, RELATED TO THE SERVICES (E.G. OFFENSIVE OR DEFAMATORY STATEMENTS, DOWN TIME OR LOSS, USE OR CHANGES TO YOUR INFORMATION OR CONTENT).
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE LIABILITY OF JUJI (AND THOSE THAT JUJI WORKS WITH TO PROVIDE THE SERVICES) EXCEED, IN THE AGGREGATE FOR ALL CLAIMS, AN AMOUNT THAT IS THE SAME AS (A) THE MOST RECENT MONTHLY OR YEARLY FEE THAT YOU PAID FOR A PREMIUM SERVICE, IF ANY, OR (B) ONE HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS.
THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS PART OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN YOU AND JUJI AND SHALL APPLY TO ALL CLAIMS OF LIABILITY (E.G. WARRANTY, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, CONTRACT, LAW) AND EVEN IF JUJI HAS BEEN TOLD OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGE, AND EVEN IF THESE REMEDIES FAIL THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
SOME LAWS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THESE LIMITS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
We may modify this Agreement from time to time. If you do not agree to the changes, stop using the Services (and remember to cancel any fee-based services) before the changes take effect. Your use of the Service after the effective date of any changes means that you agree to the changes. We may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Services. Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement and any supplemental terms that accompany the new features.
We can each end this Agreement anytime we want.
Juji or you may terminate this Agreement at any time with notice to the other. On termination, you lose the right to access or use the Services. The following shall survive termination:
- Our rights to use and disclose your feedback;
- Users’ rights to further re-share content and information you shared through the Service to the extent copied or re-shared prior to termination;
- Sections VII, IX and X of this Agreement;
- Any amounts owed by either party prior to termination remain owed after termination.
You can contact us to learn how to close your Juji account. See the contact information at the end of this Agreement.
IX. Dispute Resolution
In the unlikely event we end up in a legal dispute, it will take place in California courts, applying California law.
You agree that the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., excluding its conflict of laws rules, shall exclusively govern any dispute relating to this Agreement and/or the Services. We both agree that all of these claims can only be litigated in the federal or state courts of Santa Clara County, California, USA, and we each agree to personal jurisdiction in those courts.
X. General Terms
Here are some important details about how to read the Agreement.
If a court with authority over this Agreement finds any part of it not enforceable, you and us agree that the court should modify the terms to make that part enforceable while still achieving its intent. If the court cannot do that, you and us agree to ask the court to remove that unenforceable part and still enforce the rest of this Agreement. To the extent allowed by law, the English version of this Agreement is binding and other translations are for convenience only. This Agreement (including additional terms that may be provided by us when you engage with a feature of the Services) is the only agreement between us regarding the Services and supersedes all prior agreements for the Services.
If we do not act to enforce a breach of this Agreement, that does not mean that Juji has waived its right to enforce this Agreement. You may not assign or transfer this Agreement (or your use of Services) to anyone without our consent. However, you agree that Juji may assign this Agreement to its affiliates or a party that buys it without your consent. There are no third party beneficiaries to this Agreement.
We reserve the right to change the terms of this Agreement. If we do and we agree that changes cannot be retroactive. If you do not agree to these changes, you must stop using the Services. You agree that the only way to provide us legal notice is at the addresses provided in Section XIV.
XI. Juji DOs and DON’Ts.
11.1. Dos. You agree that you will:
- Comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, anti-spam laws, export control laws, tax laws, and regulatory requirements;
- Provide accurate information to us and keep it updated;
- Immediately notify us if you learn of a security breach or other illegal activity on the Services;
- Protect your login credentials; and
- Use the Services in a responsible manner.
11.2. Don'ts. You agree that you will not:
- Participate in or facilitate any unlawful and/or unethical activities;
- Act dishonestly or unresponsibly, including by posting inappropriate, inaccurate, or objectionable content;
- Add content that is not intended for, or inaccurate for, a designated field (e.g. submitting a telephone number in the “name” or any other field, or including telephone numbers, email addresses, street addresses or any personally identifiable information for which there is not a field provided by Juji);
- Use an image that is not your likeness or a head-shot photo for your profile;
- Create a false identity on the Services and/or misrepresent your identity;
- Use or attempt to use another's account;
- Harass, abuse or harm another person;
- Send spam or other unwelcomed communications to others;
- Scrape or copy information on the Services through any means (including crawlers, browser plugins and add-ons, and any other technology or manual work);
- Act in an unlawful, libelous, abusive, obscene, discriminatory or otherwise objectionable manner;
- Disclose information that you do not have the right to disclose (such as confidential information of others, including your employer);
- Violate intellectual property rights of others, including patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights or other proprietary rights;
- Violate the intellectual property or other rights of Juji, including, without limitation, using the word “Juji” or our logos in any business name, email, or URL except as provided in our Brand Guidelines;
- Use Juji invitations to send messages to people who do not know you or who are unlikely to recognize you as a known contact;
- Post any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation unauthorized by Juji;
- Upload and/or post anything that contains software viruses, worms, or any other harmful code;
- Manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message, or upload and/or post transmitted through the Services;
- Create accounts or provide content that promotes escort services or prostitution.
- Create or operate a pyramid scheme, fraud or other similar practice;
- Copy or use the information, content or data of others available on the Services (except as expressly authorized);
- Copy or use the information, content or data on Juji in connection with a competitive service (as determined by JuJi);
- Copy, modify or create derivative works of Juji, the Services or any related technology (except as expressly authorized by Juji);
- Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Services or any related technology, or any part thereof;
- Imply or state that you are affiliated with or endorsed by Juji without our express consent (e.g., representing yourself as a Juji employee);
- Rent, lease, loan, trade, sell/re-sell access to the Services, related any information or data, and any features of the Services;
- Deep-link to our Services for any purpose other than to promote your brand or your portrait on Juji, without Juji's consent;
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Services;
- Remove, cover or obscure any information included as part of the Services;
- Collect, use, copy, or transfer any information obtained from the Services without our consent;
- Share or disclose information of others without their express consent;
- Use manual or automated software, devices, scripts robots, other means or processes to access, “scrape,” “crawl” or “spider” the Services or any related data or information;
- Use bots or other automated methods to access the Services, including but not limited to the creation of fake accounts, adding and uploading information, and downloading and distributing the information offered by the Services;
- Monitor the Services' availability, performance or functionality for any competitive purpose;
- Engage in “framing,” “mirroring,” or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of the Services;
- Access the Services except through the interfaces expressly provided by Juji, such as juji.io;
- Override any security feature of the Services; and/or
- Interfere with the operation of, or place an unreasonable load on, the Services (e.g., spam, denial of service attack, viruses, gaming algorithms).